We Rock The Spectrum : Gym for Kids
(Having fun at We Rock The Spectrum!)
A few weeks ago, a friend who is also a special needs Mom, invited me and Arizona to join her daughter and herself at a gym in Santa Monica called We Rock The Spectrum. There are a bunch of locations around the country and continuing to expand.
Arizona loved every minute of her time there. As soon as she walked in, she exclaimed, “Time to unleash the fun!” Needless to say, we bought a package of visits and plan to return again, soon.
Besides open play, We Rock The Spectrum also offers classes, birthday parties, camps and more.
More about the gym, from http://www.werockthespectrum.com :
Our activities, programs and retail location “The Rock Shop” make it possible for us to provide social and physical opportunities through state funded programs. As a result WRTS is an amazing example of how we can help all children grow and develop by providing an all inclusive environment.
Our Gym Includes:
- Suspended equipment with swings – for balance and vestibular treatment
- Crash mats and crash pillows – for fun, motor planning, and strength
- Zip line – for stress release and joint and body relaxation
- Trampoline – for building leg and core strength
- Indoor play structure – for climbing and increasing playground skills
- Sensory-based toys – for improved auditory processing and fine motor skills
- Fine Motor and Arts and Crafts Area – for improved hand-eye coordination
Enjoy your visit!